Plantain chips are eaten as ‘finger food’ in Nigeria. They are crunchy and savoury snacks best prepared with unripe plantain.
Preparation time: 3 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
Makes: 2 serving
- 1 unripe plantain, peeled
- 2 litres oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- Slice the peeled plantain into long thin slices using a vegetable peeler.
- In a deep pan, heat up the oil over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Fry the plantain slices for about 5 minutes until golden in colour and crisp.
- Drain the plantain on a towel and sprinkle with salt.
Always use hard ripe plantain or green plantain.